At dinner the other night, my children were saying their own prayers before we ate:
Child #1: Thank you God for our food. I Love You.
Child#2: Thank you God for our food. Can you please send our Stein home? We miss him. Thank You. I Love You.
Stein was our 12 year old doberman who died last year when the boys were almost 6. He was there waiting for them when we came home with them from Vietnam. He was so gentle & loving & always a constant in their lives. He's been gone a little over a year now....his name still pops up from time to time. We have a new dog; he's still in the puppy stage & a little rough at times although very sweet tempered & good natured. I think they really want their Stein back! :)
I guess we're doing ok as parents...they love God & the love their Dog in Heaven with Him. Of course, my husband & I looked at each other & almost busted out in tears, but we somehow held it together! I am so much more emotional now that I'm a parent. I can cry at the drop of a pin. Look out world when we get that referral; I'll be an emotional basketcase.
Off to buy pumpkins & hay. The Fair is tonight & it's showing signs of possibly cooling off. Fall is my favorite season so I can hardly wait! My kids want to be Transformers for Halloween; I need to start working on that! The costumes are $50 on EBay! Good Grief!
3 comments:
Kids can do that to you. Sometimes when we are in the car Jonathan will just say "love you mama" and I always want to cry.
I have a question - your boys are twins right? How old were they when you received their referral. Mike & I were talking about being open to twins and we officially marked it on our app, but I don't see too many people out there with twins!
AWE!
To answer your question abotu whether your shots are still good. If you went for the 2nd round of Hep a year after the first then yes that one is good for like 10 years. Typhoid is only good for 2 years though I believe.
have fun!
To answer your question on my blog, yes I was ousted and they are saying its because of something I said back in Febuary. I am trying to get this straightened out. Not sure what is going on but it was the last thing I needed this week.
Post a Comment