Saturday, November 6, 2010

Big Fun in a Small Town















I may have to skip the fair next year...after going to the little town of Bullard down the road from us for their Red, White & Blue Festival. It was so much fun...just like the old fashioned small town carnivals when we grew up. Just as much to do as the fair less the crowds & long lines for corny dogs & rides. There were plenty of activities, rides and yummy foods to last the entire afternoon. I got there around 11 (James had to work the Rotary booth) & we ended up staying until almost 4:00!

I am not doing so great on this 365 project since school started! Actually, last week was crazy. We had a hail storm on Oct. 24th. So, we had roof damage & every roofing company from here to nowhere was calling & dropping by trying to get our business. Plus, the insurance agent called & came by to take a look at the roof, etc. Then, the insurance company hailed out our roof, we hired a roofing company & got a new roof. Yes, all in a week. So, school was a challenge last week to say the least, but we made it through. We did run away one day and hung out at Barnes & Noble, lunch at China King, a trip to Sonic for slushies & to Michaels for a Geography project (which I'll take pictures of & post tomorrow I hope:) Maybe I will do better next week, but I doubt it! Homeschool co-op on Monday. School for us Tues. & Wed. then Wed. afternoon taking my boys to my mom & dad's for the night. Caleigh has tubes put in her ears & her tonsils & adenoids out on Thursday morning & I'm sure the weekend will be spent at home recovering. Oh I'm tired just typing it out!

Hope you all had a fun Saturday as well!

2 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

That DOES look like fun! So sorry about the storm damage, but thankful you were able to get it taken care of so quickly!

Lisa said...

What a fun day! Caleigh is looking too cute in that sweet little outfit!! Glad your roof got fix so quickly!