Saturday, February 23, 2008

Recovering...

I had day surgery Friday Morning, so I am glued to the recliner & have been blog surfing & such. My boxer puppy has kept me company; such a sweet dog. Our boys have been at their grandparents since Thursday night. Truly, this house is way too quiet without them, so I had my mom bring them back this afternoon. James is home & has been a great help, but I am just not very good at this 'resting' thing. I'm more of an up & doing things type!

We finally got the long awaited "Vietnam Waiting Families Letter" from our agency on Friday. I was discouraged for my forum friends that the referral times have been extended from 6-9 months wait for a girl to 12-15 months. We all thought "it" was coming, but it really doesn't make "it" any easier for those still waiting. It's just really so darn long!

We are hoping to hear that our I600 form has been received/logged in the system in VN next week. The time frame for approval is supposed to be a maximum of 60 days, but it can be extended.

Take Care everyone & try not to let the wait make you crazy....I should say the same for myself! :)

I came across this photo earlier today. It's one of my favorites. This was taken at age 5 & I had titled it Remember Me Little. It's one of my favorites....

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Hope your recovery continues and you are feeling better soon. Nothing like little boys to bring life to the house, huh? OK, well, little girls too!

Take Care!

Erin said...

Get well soon!! I would LOVE for someone to prescribe me a little R&R. What's your problem, Heather? lol ;-)

I noticed the new pic of Caleigh! I just love her chubby cheeks!

Jessica said...

Praying for a speedy recoverey and speedy paperwork!

Carlene said...

I have not read lately and just saw that you had surgery. I hope everything is alright. Caleigh is one lucky girl. She will make the family complete and I can't wait to see her picture of walking in the kitchen.