Sooner or later....this little girl will be coming home. Sooner or later? Timing...timing is everything; timing is nothing in the adoption world in Vietnam. There is no rhyme or reason sometimes as to when paperwork is processed & when it sits. I think God made a woman to wait 9 months for her baby...no more, no less....timing...It's been 1 1/2 years since we started our adoption process. We truly have no idea when we may travel. I feel like I need to be ready physically for sooner & mentally for later. But, what if it's sooner & I'm not ready? Timing is everything...unpredictable is life. I can be ready to go in a week if I have to...this I must keep reminding myself of...I'm a little worried about our boys. This has been such a "when it happens" kind of thing that I truly think they believe this little girl is a fantasy. A "when Caleigh comes home"...until they see her home, I guess the reality will never be...I worry about leaving them on short notice. I worry about talking about it too much then having it drag out some more & then they're "but you said she was coming soon"! Eeee Gads! If you've been able to follow my rambling, congrats! Serenity Now! Serenity Now!Saturday, April 19, 2008
Sooner or Later
Sooner or later....this little girl will be coming home. Sooner or later? Timing...timing is everything; timing is nothing in the adoption world in Vietnam. There is no rhyme or reason sometimes as to when paperwork is processed & when it sits. I think God made a woman to wait 9 months for her baby...no more, no less....timing...It's been 1 1/2 years since we started our adoption process. We truly have no idea when we may travel. I feel like I need to be ready physically for sooner & mentally for later. But, what if it's sooner & I'm not ready? Timing is everything...unpredictable is life. I can be ready to go in a week if I have to...this I must keep reminding myself of...I'm a little worried about our boys. This has been such a "when it happens" kind of thing that I truly think they believe this little girl is a fantasy. A "when Caleigh comes home"...until they see her home, I guess the reality will never be...I worry about leaving them on short notice. I worry about talking about it too much then having it drag out some more & then they're "but you said she was coming soon"! Eeee Gads! If you've been able to follow my rambling, congrats! Serenity Now! Serenity Now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, thank you for writing this one! I feel just the same way - split personality between being excited and being cautious, especially for our son. We're on the way - praying for good news for all of us from the Consulate this week! :)
I am praying for sooner! You deserve a short wait this time around!
Post a Comment