As of September 1, 2008, there will be no more referrals for children in Vietnam orphanages matched with prospective U.S. adoptive parents. This is the news that comes on the heels of a very long investigative report released by the U.S. Embassy last week. If you would like to read more, you can find it here : http://vietnam.usembassy.gov/adoption_warning0408.html The report has been rebuked by VN Officials....they say it is all untrue. The U.S. Embassy is standing by the report. Thus, the MOU Agreement will not be renewed & will end on September 1st. There are many families caught in many stages of adoption from Vietnam...this will affect so many people in different ways. It will affect the children most of all....
For our situation: Vietnam has said that they are committed to completing adoptions for children in process with a referral. The United States has said the same. We are moving forward & we hope that there will not be delays in process due to the announcements made last week. We'll see....and we'll keep you posted.
For those of you that are facing changes in your adoption plans, please know that I am thinking of you all and praying for the best of outcomes for your families.
1 comment:
Heather,
I am sooo...glad you will be travelling soon! I can't wait to see you with Caleigh! It is amazing is all I can say! For us it is as if Micaela has been with us since birth....I hope to follow your travels. Wishing you God's Speed!
Post a Comment