Monday, August 18, 2008

Home from Surgery...

We're home after Caleigh's surgery today. She went in at 8:00 & we were with her in recovery by 9:00. I just cannot say enough about her doctor and nurses at Scottish Rite. They are all so very nice & considerate and they took excellent care of our baby girl. We were in a private room until 1:00 when they released her after she ate & went potty. We got home around 3:30. She's crabby, but fine & hopefully she can get some rest & we will too. The surgeon released part of her tendon behind each heal with a tiny incision that only required a band-aid. He said there will not even be a scar! Her casts are back on & we will go back in 3 weeks to get them off & start with the braces routine. Thanks for all of your thoughts & prayers! We felt them all today! We took some great pictures today but they are on my husband's digital, so it may be a while before I can download & post.

8 comments:

Nadra said...

Praying that all of you have a good night and that she continues to do well.

So glad you updated...I've checked your blog several times today.

Hugs!

Lisa and John said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. I was thinking about you guys today

Melissa Cz said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything went well. Good nurses really make the experience so much better when you have a little one in the hospital. Keep us updated & I hope you all are getting some rest!

Julie said...

I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well. We've been thinking about Caleigh.

Get some rest!!!

Dan and Elisabeth said...

I am so glad that everything went well and that you are all home. Please keep us updated on her progress.

ElizabethR said...

Prayed for you guys and will continue to pray for a speedy recovery and rest!

Betsy

Rachel said...

I'm so thankful the surgery went well and that she is handling things so well. I enjoyed looking at all your recent pictures. Caleigh's eyes are entrancing! :)

Jill and Andy said...

So glad to hear that everything went well. I have been thinking about you guys! Prayers that the recovery continues to go well!