Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mom's Visit & Meet the Teacher Night





Tonight we meet the boys' teachers. Yes, teachers...I decided a couple of weeks ago that they need their own class & a little individuality still for 2nd Grade. I had really hoped that the summer would bring a little maturity, but the truth is, they are just turning 8 this weekend & they are still attached at the hip! I just do not think they can handle being in the same class yet without always looking over their shoulders to see what the other is doing, etc.....I think their teacher would have hated me! LOL! Anywho, we go at 5:00 to meet their teachers! They are next-door to one another again this year, so that is good. School starts Monday.

My mom has been here since Tuesday to help out with Caleigh post-surgery. It has been wonderful! I think she is leaving on Friday...may try to talk her into staying until Saturday, but I know my Dad misses her when she's gone. You can see her 3rd set of casts that are on now. They really put her feet way out...and flat. It's unbelievable that little feet can turn that much. It looks really awkward, but the doctors swear by the technique & it's been proven to work over many years....I get lots of questions when we go out!

Glad to see referrals from Dillon are still being made for waiting families. Sept. 1st is the cutoff...as many children who can be placed into loving families before then the better! Praying to see a few more :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so glad to read that Caleigh is doing so well. That does look rather awkward the way they have her legs now. We have been praying for her!

Just to let you know I started working on a post for my blog and will finish it over the weekend hopefully. Thanks for the nudge!

Dianna said...

Still thinking of you Caleigh! Be patient - those silly things will be off your feet soon.