Caleigh is 10 1/2 months old! It is hard to imagine that we have been home almost 2 months. Next month will mark the 2 year anniversary that we started our adoption process through Dillon. Caleigh is growing & changing with every day that passes...something new is accomplished and we are so proud of her! Just this weekend she started sitting up on her own from a lying down position. I thought maybe it was a fluke, but I went in to get her from her nap yesterday & she was sitting straight up in her crib! I know most babies reach this milestone months earlier, but with her casts still on, I think it's a great accomplishment! She now can feed herself by picking up small 'treats' off of her high chair tray. She actually gets them in her mouth more times than not. She is cutting her 2nd tooth right on the bottom next to the one she has. She is pushing up & would be crawling I'm sure, but the casts are too slippery on the floor & carpet, so she pulls herself along & around in the direction she wants to go...We go next Wednesday & the casts come off. We will be fitted for the braces & onto the next part of the healing process. The braces will be on 22 hours a day for a couple of months...She will be most excited to take a real bath again! This little girl is just so precious; it is amazing to me how easily she has bonded with our entire family; she looks for the boys each morning for her 'morning kiss'. It's super sweet. Peace to all & more pictures to come of our VN Kiddos reunion this weekend....
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Age 10 1/2 Months
Caleigh is 10 1/2 months old! It is hard to imagine that we have been home almost 2 months. Next month will mark the 2 year anniversary that we started our adoption process through Dillon. Caleigh is growing & changing with every day that passes...something new is accomplished and we are so proud of her! Just this weekend she started sitting up on her own from a lying down position. I thought maybe it was a fluke, but I went in to get her from her nap yesterday & she was sitting straight up in her crib! I know most babies reach this milestone months earlier, but with her casts still on, I think it's a great accomplishment! She now can feed herself by picking up small 'treats' off of her high chair tray. She actually gets them in her mouth more times than not. She is cutting her 2nd tooth right on the bottom next to the one she has. She is pushing up & would be crawling I'm sure, but the casts are too slippery on the floor & carpet, so she pulls herself along & around in the direction she wants to go...We go next Wednesday & the casts come off. We will be fitted for the braces & onto the next part of the healing process. The braces will be on 22 hours a day for a couple of months...She will be most excited to take a real bath again! This little girl is just so precious; it is amazing to me how easily she has bonded with our entire family; she looks for the boys each morning for her 'morning kiss'. It's super sweet. Peace to all & more pictures to come of our VN Kiddos reunion this weekend....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment