I know, you're shocked! A post with no cute pictures...maybe next week! I think I'll just ramble today! First of all, I just got home from lunch with my DH. Do you know how long it's been since I've eaten lunch during the week with my DH??? WAY TOO LONG!!! It was fun & C had a good time too! Then, C & I went shopping for Fall decorations at Michael's & I bought a hair bow maker & ribbon...I know, not too "fally", but maybe I can save some $$$ & learn to be crafty. We'll see. Upon returning home, it appears as though my hunter Boxer has found yet another snake as one has surely bitten her on/above her eye & it's swollen up like a tennis ball. Called the vet, no time to take her as the boys are out of school in 20 min., so I popped 3 Benadryl down her & if not better when I get home, a trip to the vet may be in order. This is the 3rd snake she's found...she also likes to kill rats, baby birds, moles, you name it! So, on another ramble, Blake had a dentist appt. this week & it seems that we have to start seeing a Pediatric Orthodontist (AKA Money Taker) ASAP as his teeth are coming in all wrong & with no room, etc. So...that starts next week. He just turned 8 people!!! OMG! C has completely adjusted to life with the annoying shoes & bars on her feet...she can turn over, sit up & sleep well now. It took a couple of weeks, but she's back to her normal schedule...we have a check-up on Oct. 7th. When her braces are off, she is trying to crawl, but gives up easily & is content to sit & play...need to think of a good motivator to get her accross the room! Her upper body is so strong now. Our 2nd post-placement visit with our SW is next Tuesday. It seems in TX we have to have 6 before we can begin the re-adoption/name change process. 6! Geez! The boys are doing well in 2nd grade; this year seems to be the best thus far with spelling coming easier as well as math. We are still struggling with reading, but the comprehension is there....need to work on word recognition & speed. Our afternoons are full of homework, but no complaining this year as we had last. Well, enough rambling....Need to go wake up C who's only been asleep for 30 min. so I can get the boys; she should be really happy...not...And last, but not least...we've been Caleigh's parents for exactly 3 months today! Woo Hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment