




Sunday afternoon my In-laws & country friends threw Caleigh a big Welcome Home Party. It was at my sister-in-law's home & everyone was there...so fun! We lived just a mile down the road in a little farm house on 65 acres for 4 years after we were married (years 2-5 of our marriage in fact!) Just a mile from both my husband's sister & all of her family & about 1 1/2 miles from his mom. It was country living to the max & I miss it so!!! We lived in a 100 year old farm-house and had a garden, cows, chickens, a barn, cats (to kill the rats of course!) & woke up every morning to the sound of crickets. It was Heaven & it's too bad that I realize it now after moving nearly 10 years ago. My Dad was happy because we were moving into a modern home with central heat & air; he was always afraid we were going to burn the house down with the Dearborne stove in the living room that we used for heat. (I'll have to dig up some pictures!) Anyway, long story...but that's why they are my 'country friends'! Here are a few pictures from the party....Caleigh received so many things...I think her Fall Wardrobe was made on Sunday! She's wearing her little dress that I bought in Vietnam especially for this party. Just a side note...I'm glad we waited 2 months after coming home for this....it was a LOT of people & they all wanted to see/hold/play with her. She is so comfortable & secure now that she had a great time & was not clingy or worried at all...I'm glad we waited & everyone got to meet her! On the invitation, it was a "Sip and See"! My friend hand-painted the little chair for her...too cute!
Caleigh weighs 17 pounds now! I found out last night that she loves spaghetti & garlic bread!
2 comments:
How fun! And she looks so big now and I absolutely LOVE that dress. Little girl clothes are the best!
LOVE Caleigh's cute dress - really I love all of the clothes you dress her in. And I had no idea about 6 post placement visits. Guess we'll be getting to know our social worker well. lol
Post a Comment