Monday, July 14, 2008

10 Years Ago....




If you would have told me 10 years ago that we would be the parents of 3 children....that I would be someone's mother, I would have called you crazy. 10 years ago I was hopped up on my farm~house kitchen counter each night while my poor husband gave me shots of fertility drugs in my legs, stomache & arms. 10 years ago I cried daily as I drove back & forth to Dallas to monitor my hormones which were going crazy. 10 years ago I cried as each dear friend & family member called to say they were pregnant....years passed & I was not. I always knew and believed that God had a plan for us. Whether we were to be parents or not was unknown then. As I look back on those days, I can still cry at the drop of a pin for that 20 something girl who was so desperate to be a mom. 10 years later, my new normal is overwhelming at times...the thought that we have been blessed with not 1 child which we prayed daily for, but 3! God is in the miracle business every day. Some days, the miracles are hard to see. For me, yesterday at the park it was like God was yelling at me, "Look what I did! Isn't this amazing!!!" It is amazing....

3 comments:

Nadra said...

Amazing....God is truly amazing!!! Every time I look at my sweet Ian, I see God's miracle...and then to see my little Drew in pictures....I know that God is at work! He's working...even though it may not be on my timeline.

Thanks for reminding me Heather just how awesome our God is!

Julie said...

Oh the infertility days. I sure don't miss those.

Seeing all three kids together reminds me there is a light at the end of the tunnel and all of this waiting is so worth it in the end.

Good post :-)

Heather said...

I love the Psalm where it says, "He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of chidren." What an contradiction of words....and our reality. God is amazing. Congratulations!