Trying to crawl with my casts on.
Waiting to see the doctor.
Casts off! Straight little feet!
Hey! I can feel my leg (her foot was red & swollen yesterday, but it had gone away by this morning. )
Look Mom! No Casts!
Smiling at the cute girl in the mirror!
My new braces.From casts on yesterday morning to casts off by 10:30 am. Fitted for braces at 11:00...on the road home by noon. Straight little feet! Hooray! The doctors are pleased with the outcome of Caleigh's surgery & everything looks good to go, so we're onto the braces now. (which are really just shoes, laced up pretty tight, with a bar connecting them so her feet stay in a corrective position). She can have them off 3 times per day for 30 min. each time to stretch & so that we can check for any pressure points/blisters/skin irritations. This will be for about 3 months & then they will be off all day & on for 12 hours each night until she is 3 or 4 years old. The nature of club feet is to revert back to their original position, so correction is necessary for quite some time to avoid that. Anywho, the castings seemed to fly by so I hope that this period of bracing does as well. For now, she's not a happy camper; last night was 'fitful', but no hysterical crying as she did with the castings when we first got them on, so I am hopeful for her as far as her comfort level. Here are some pictures from the past 2 days....
6 comments:
What a beautiful beautiful girl! Congrats on getting those casts off!
She looks great! I am glad the casts are off and the reports are good. I would imagine that she's in for a little learning curve on the shoes...hope that goes smoothly.
Heather she is so beautiful! I am glad the casts are off and I just love the picutres of her first photo shoot!
So glad the surgery and casts worked. Her little feet look great. Hopefully she gets used to the braces soon. She sure is a cutie pie!
Awww! She is just so CUTE!! I love her smile!
THRILLED to hear that things are progressing well with her feet and legs. Praying for a good nights sleep and minimal impact from Ike.
Yeah for Caleigh! I hope she adjusts quickly for her sake and yours. I love the dress!!!
Post a Comment