Wednesday, October 8, 2008

1 Down 2 To Go

"Only 2 more months of braces? Really? Cool! "
We had our check-up for Caleigh yesterday in Dallas. We are 1 month into the braces & the doc says we are right on track & we have 2 more months to go. After that, she'll only wear them at night. So, back for another check on Nov. 7th. So far, so good. It is always a long day on "Dallas Doc Days", but luckily we only go once a month & once she is in the braces only at night, it changes to check-ups once every 3 months. I'm not sure what I expected, but I thought this whole process would be much 'worse', for lack of a better word. I have a post swirling in my head about adopting a child with special needs...the words 'special needs' tend to freak out PAPs, but there is such a wide range....if only everyone knew....ok; I'll save it for the next post! Have a great day!

5 comments:

Melissa Cz said...

Wow, that seems like it all happened so fast! Probably not for you all, but for me the reader, I can't believe she only has 2 months left to go. How amazing. I can't wait to read the next post...

Nadra said...

You're right....special needs does freak people out. It did us too. But, when we looked at the big picture and decided we were willing to accept "worst case scenario"...then the decision was easy. When I look at Ian now....I think "what special needs?" It's all relative, but it is scary.

Love her new picture. She looks like she's really growing.

Jill and Andy said...

That is good news!!! Special needs does sound scary at first- especially for me being a first time mom- I was nervous if I could do it- but Layne Nhi is a gem, and we are itching to adopt another waiting Vietnamese babe! Your kids are too cute by the way!!!

Fort Worth Baby Photographer said...

Look at that expression! haha She is so chill...

ErinP
erinstepstones.wordpress.com

Kelly said...

It's so fun to see Caleigh growing up. I'm glad her braces haven't been a huge hassle. She looks very comfortable.

Kelly