Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 109 A Monday in April.....

I just cannot express enough how much these boys LOVE to climb!

And how much this little girl loves to run!
So....here's the deck! Now, picture it stained a darker color....we can't do it until the wood is completely dried out...end of July or August.....
It seems to make a pretty good roadway!
They built 'church pew' seating all across one side & 1/2 of the other...it is pretty darn comfy!
Now....who wants to come over & pot plants and hanging baskets for me???!!!!

We have home-school co-op on Mondays....until the end of April....man, my kids love it & I know they will miss it over the summer! We get home a little before 2:00, so we snuck in a little outside play-time before Caleigh's nap. I thought I would snap a few pictures of our finished deck. I know it looks huge, and it is....however, we didn't use this part of our yard at all because it stayed muddy & dug up due to our lovely dogs! So....we will definately use it now & yes, I'm on the hunt for mosquito zappers, repellant, sprays & anything else I can find to make our yard more user friendly! I was just chatting with my neighbor today about my love/hate relationship with our yard! Love it! We live on about an acre & that's hard to find in a Tyler neighborhood. Love It! LOVE all of our trees & 'natural' landscaping! HATE the mosquitos! HATE the poison ivy! Hate the water that stand in parts of our yard breeding more Mosquitos which I Hate! Now, mind you...I don't usually use the word "hate", but truly, it is warranted here!!!! Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

I also HATE mosquitos. They tortured poor Sophie Le last summer. Her arms and legs looked so bad at the end of the summer because of those stupid bugs.

I REALLY LOVE your new deck. It looks great!

Dawn said...

Wow! What a great deck. We are doing one of these this summer too. But I don't believe that it will be quite that big. I feel the same way about bugs. Don't like any of them!