Monday, January 3, 2011

I Never Get Tired of This:

Blake finished his chapter book...he always gets so excited when he finishes reading a book aloud to me. I never get tired of his pride when he's done...he never thought he'd be able to read an entire chapter book by himself and now he does it all the time. We read a book a week. That's pretty awesome considering a year ago he was still struggling to sound out many words. Any books/series on an early 4th grade reading level that you would recommend? We like the Bailey School Kids, Magic Tree House, The Boxcar Children and Flat Stanley.

1 comment:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Yay Blake! You are doing such a wonderful job homeschooling your boys! I have NO idea what a 4th grader reads, but I am keeping your list for when we get there :o)