Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's been a week & dry scalp..help?

Not feeling so great....on the way to the doctor last week....
'When Am I Going to Feel Better Mommy?'

As my mom has said in the past...."It's been a week y'all!" Our little Caleigh bug has had a nasty fever virus on top of the ear infection that was hanging on...she's been pitiful, but finally started to turn the corner yesterday & is feeling better this morning. I think she spoiled me with being so healthy the first few months home! The week has brought out her 'fiesty' side! She's a little toot! She shakes her head "No" now when she doesn't want something (or someone!)

Question: Do any of your kiddos have dry patches on their scalp? She has since we brought her home & nothing I have tried has helped...any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Oh & Nicki....I think she's getting a 'kitchen & play food' for Christmas!! I'm not quite sure yet since she's can't pull up with the braces on....I may wait until after her Dec. 2nd appt. to see if she is moving to the braces only at night.....

4 comments:

Fort Worth Baby Photographer said...

Heather, the dry patches might be eczema. Hunter had severe eczema from birth on so we had to use something called Derma Smoothe FS. There are directions for also using it on the scalp! Our pediatrician has never heard of it but all the dermatologists love it.

Nadra said...

Heather...try Paul Mitchell's Baby Don't Cry Shampoo. Ian had those little patches when he first came home and this shampoo cleared it right up. I still use it for both boys.

Laura said...

Reagan has them too, as well as excema on her ankles and knees/elbows. Her doctor (an asian woman) said they are related and both are very common in asians. She recommended using a little dandruff shampoo and/or applying baby oil to the scalp. It's pretty greasy but seems to help and I just re-wash her hair in the morning.

Leigh said...

I am praying for braces only at night so that girl can get moving!

Hum...dry skin...one problem we haven't had. Hope you get it cleared up soon!