Today we drove over to my in-laws place & let the kids play with MaMaw & Papaw for a few hours while I picked blackberries with James' Aunt & cousin's wife Glenda. Boy...I miss living in the country! We had a great time & there were more berries than we could pick. There will be more ready in about a week, so I'm planning another trip for next week. I will call it a huge success with a cooler full of blackberries, no snake sightings & no-one got in the bull-nettle (even tho the biggest berries were growing in it!) Fun girl time for me & yummy cobblers to come for the family! Gotta go rinse & freeze some berries.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Berry Picking Day
Today we drove over to my in-laws place & let the kids play with MaMaw & Papaw for a few hours while I picked blackberries with James' Aunt & cousin's wife Glenda. Boy...I miss living in the country! We had a great time & there were more berries than we could pick. There will be more ready in about a week, so I'm planning another trip for next week. I will call it a huge success with a cooler full of blackberries, no snake sightings & no-one got in the bull-nettle (even tho the biggest berries were growing in it!) Fun girl time for me & yummy cobblers to come for the family! Gotta go rinse & freeze some berries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment