Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Little Band-Aid & Fun Prizes!







Blake had his yearly check-up today with his pediatrician & Caleigh came too. Blake is fine and got a good report. His doctor wants to have a specialist check on his growth/height/weight as well as his brothers just to be sure all is well. They are both growing at a decent rate, just still below the 0 percentile on the American charts....

Caleigh has been needing a blood draw for a test for quite some time now. They have tried at different hospitals & clinics over the past year and a half to get it done with no success. Well, today...success! And, on the first try at that! One happy mommy here & now we pray for good results. Caleigh did wonderful and no trauma/drama so that was good. She is super happy with her prizes that she bought with her little tokens at the doctor's office. They're these stretchy, sticky 'things'. Bella ate her red one, so now she only has green & blue. She's been having a lot of fun with them this afternoon!

I had a hard time putting this precious dress on her today...I got all silly emotional and stuff...see...it was the very first dress I bought when I found out we were approved for adoption with Dillon. We were approved for a little girl up to age 3. We were told we would probably receive a referral for a 2 1/2 - 3 year old. So, seeing her in it today at 2 1/2, reminded me of what I thought would be....and how blessed we are to have had her with us for the past 2 years come June 26th!

1 comment:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Her dress is precious! I am so happy to hear they were able to draw her blood quickly today!!! I know that was a relief for you (and her!)!