




Julie & several other friends of mine have asked "What do you do with Caleigh while you're teaching/helping the boys during the day?" Or..."What are you working on with Caleigh at this age?" Well, this post is for you! Anything that has shapes, pieces to fit into spaces, etc. are a hit with C. She pulled out the boys' Perfection Game today and went to town. Funny thing is, she doesn't like to be helped with much; she prefers to do it "by myself". Good for me so I can take pictures!!! She gets each little piece in her hand & looks at it by twisting it all around, then looks on the board for the matching spot & places it in. Sometimes she misses, but for the most part she gets it on the first try. She works until she's done & then she wants me to help her turn on the timer (I realize this is backwards, but don't tell Caleigh!). So, if you're out & about and find a good buy on a Perfection Game, your toddler might like it too! She also likes: Playdough, puzzles, crayons, washable markers, the toys with the keys that unlock different locks; color coordinated...she loves those! She got an Animal Hospital by Parents for Christmas & she locks and unlocks those cages a hundred times some days! She also LOVES to help me cook & I let her measure & pour, stir....lots of things for coordination. She sits & listens during story-time & just this week has started bringing me books to read to her & she will plop up in my lap & listen to the whole thing....I'll try to post her favorites soon...yes, she has 3 that I read OVER & OVER! :) Have anything that your 2 year old loves? I'd love to know! I'm always looking for new things to fill days! (Especially the rainy ones!)
2 comments:
Way to go, Caleigh!
I love the idea of the Perfection game. Will have to hunt that down that one now.
I just posted a few things on my blog of what we've been doing.
Post a Comment