
Nature's Playdough: Here's what you will need: Large pot, 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup salt, 1 cup water, 2 T Oil, 2 T Cream of Tartar & I used food coloring for the color, but you can use beet, spinach, or carrot juice if you want to go all natural. It's super easy & takes about 10 minutes for me to make; Caleigh & the boys helped, so it took around 20 since I let them measure, pour, stir, etc. I also add a little Vanilla extract to make it smell good! YUM!

So, mix the flour, salt, oil & Cream of Tartar & slowly add in your water. Cook over medium heat stirring until your dough becomes stiff. You'll know when it's ready! It forms a nice ball right in the pot! Just keep on stirring!

Add your food coloring last, then turn out onto wax paper and knead the dough with your hands until you're satisfied with it's consistency. It will feel a little softer than regular playdough & it is really easier to work with for the little ones than store-bought. I had to make this for the boys when they were little because they would break out in asthma attacks from the strong smell of regular store bought playdough.

Let cool, then use it as is or divide into balls / ziplocs to save some for another day (or in case your boxer eats it! haha!) Little hands love it!

Happy girl with her new "blue playdough"!! Of course she picked blue!
This post is especially for all my Vietmom blogger friends currently on day #3 or 4 of being snowed in! Thought you could use another fun craft today!
3 comments:
I haven't seen this recipe before...only the one made with pb and dry milk. I love the idea of adding food coloring. I will have to try this soon...thanks for the idea!
Awesome! You are a dear. And, you are welcome to our snow for a day. It is nice for...a day. Then, not so nice. Well, I shouldn't complain. Really it is beautiful and I am grateful to get to play with the boys in the snow. They love it. Especially in the bath. You should try that if you get some.
Thanks for thinking of us. Katharine and I went out to lunch today to escape the stir crazies. It would help if she slept more but the naps are hit and miss these days. It's so fun to see your updates on school and Caleigh.
Post a Comment