Sunday, June 29, 2008

Free Day....

Silkworm Wine at a Dress Shop in the Mall
A man sitting across the street from the Rex with his 2 pet rabbits.
Caleigh studying a toy.
Thank you for my bracelet Julie! It fits perfectly!

We've had a free day today. Did some local shopping & checked out the Kentucky Fried Chicken in the Mall across the street...the french fries were to die for! The ladies at the mall went GaGa over Caleigh....James & Marvin bought a gazillion DVD movies there for like 88 cents each! It was crazy! I haven't found any shops that hand-make dresses yet, but I'm going to look in Hanoi. Anyone remember one in Hanoi??? We should have 2 free days there waiting for our Visa Appt. unless we get lucky & get in quickly for our interview.... Here are a few pictures from today.....Caleigh's great. She slept all night last night from 8:30 until 6:30!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun. And Caliegh is just adorable.

Hope your interview comes early so you can get home to the boys. I know they must be dying to see their baby sister.

Southern said...

YAY, I am so glad it fits. She is precious. Hurry home so I can come hug her. Be safe.

Scott and Leslie said...

I would ask Minh or whomever is in Hanoi with you if they know of a place that makes dresses. We had an au doi made for Avery while in HCMC. One of the Dillon staff members took us to a little establishment where they measured Avery, made the outfit and delivered it to the Rex.

mimi lam said...

Hi
I have been reading your VN adoption adventures, and enjoying very much, there is a children'shop on 44 Le Loi ave,they have gorgeous,beautiful, decent prices clothes, and in Hanoi, the old quarter has lots, lots of stores,selling Sapa, traditional, western fashions, you must have 3 days minimum to exploire all, have a good time,and smooth travel trip home, thank you for sharing.

The Hills said...

Heather,
Caleigh is beautiful! We are praying for you and your family.
Have a great time!
Scarlett- mom to Dillon, NT

Nadra said...

Thinking of and praying for you gusy. Caleigh is adorable and I'm so happy that you have her now. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of her with her big brothers.

Hope your Hanoi process moves swiftly so you can head home and get settled in.

Blessings!

Willis said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I love the picture of the three of you on the top of the blog. Congrats on your beautiful daughter!!

Heather (Rocco's mom)

Anonymous said...

What precious photos you were able to put on the blog! and I do love all the pink after 7 yrs of boys clothing. notice the little bows also...know our boys are ready to meet their sister. love, grandmama