Chores....we should have done it much sooner, but one of my New Year's Resolutions was to assign chores for each boy for the week & follow through. You know what's funny??? They LIKE it! I NEVER have to remind them & they think it's cool they "get to use the windex & pledge"!! It has been a big help to me too. We make out the chores & write them on sticky notes then turn them face down & the boys cover their eyes & choose 3 each...then they stick them on their door "chore list" so they don't forget! So far, so good! Got any good chore ideas for 9 year olds??? I'd like to change them up every couple of weeks so they can learn different things around the house.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Day 17/365
Chores....we should have done it much sooner, but one of my New Year's Resolutions was to assign chores for each boy for the week & follow through. You know what's funny??? They LIKE it! I NEVER have to remind them & they think it's cool they "get to use the windex & pledge"!! It has been a big help to me too. We make out the chores & write them on sticky notes then turn them face down & the boys cover their eyes & choose 3 each...then they stick them on their door "chore list" so they don't forget! So far, so good! Got any good chore ideas for 9 year olds??? I'd like to change them up every couple of weeks so they can learn different things around the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds like a great deal you have going there! Yea Mom!
I am looking forward to these chore days (and help around the house)!
My girlfriend with 6 kiddos taught her kids to do EVERYTHING! I mean separate laundry, start the loads, fold the clothes, scrub the floors, every chore in the house was taught.
Then when times came up and she needed a little extra help they have watched her do them and they followed in her example of doing dishes and trash and everything. With 6 kids there are bound to be times you need some help clearing the table and putting away laundry.
I am looking forward to these training days!
We have started with Avi Joy washing dishes with me (on a chair next to me) and she is awesome at separating laundry into colored piles!
Thank you for sharing.
I also wanted to know what HS curriculum you use...
thank you,
Natasha
Post a Comment