Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday

The waterfall at the entrance to The Dallas World Aquarium.
Caleigh did NOT like all of the noisy birds flying around....she stayed like this on her daddy for the first 1/2 hour of our visit.....
She perked up at the flamingo exhibit....
Trying to stand like the flamingos!

We saw almost every single thing that we studied about last week! It was so neat! Beautiful aquariums & so many things to see....we were there for 4 hours & I'm sure probably missed something.
Looking down on the shark tank...you can see the people below in the walk thru~I thought it made for a cool picture.
At the entrance to the shark tank walk thru....Note to self: the boys cannot wear the size 6 jeans out in public anymore! They're just too short! I can't believe they're finally in a 7!!
Checking everything out!

Trying to choose a "treasure" to take home.

We had a full & fun day at The Dallas World Aquarium today. It wasn't too crowded and we were able to get up close & see everything. I didn't realize how many different kinds of animals they had there....all kinds of birds, otters, alligators, fish, sharks, rays, salt water creatures, penguins, flamingos & the list goes on and on! Caleigh did not like the open rain forest area...the birds are free flying & very noisy...she hid on her daddy's shoulder the whole way though. After that, she was fine & enjoyed the rest of the day. The boys were amazed at how many of the animals we had read about last week & they recognized & were able to name & tell me all about...I must admit, that part was fun for me!~ They listen! Lunch was yummy & affordable. When we ate at the Houston Downtown Aquarium it was SO expensive! I was pleasantly surprised today. If you get a chance, I recommend it. The pathways are small, so don't take a huge stroller if you can avoid it. I'm sure we'll go back some day~we all really enjoyed it.